Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Friends
On holiday, I also had the chance to catch up with my Japanese friends I met in England and I had a brilliant time.

First of all I visited Yukiko and Junjee in Nagoya. We went to an isakaya for a meal and after this we went to a prikura. A prikura is a booth where people(usually teenagers-I'm gradually turning into a Japanese schoolgirl. All I need now are the big white baggy socks!) can go and get their photos taken, which are then made into little stickers. When you're in a pricolor you have to pull a number of poses like the peace sign, or blow kisses for example.

After this we went to karaoke. Drinks were free for the first hour, which meant we were constantly ordering as many drinks as possible and the result was we all ended up getting very, very drunk.

I also managed to catch up with my friends Yuichi and Satoko in Chiba, which is near Tokyo. We had a beautiful meal at Yuichi's and then we went to karaoke. The highlight of the evening was me doing a duet with Yuichi of 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi. Although I wouldn't usually choose this song, I'd like to thank Yuichi for helping to unleash the wildman of rock that's always been inside of me. We both ended up getting a bit carried away and to everyone else it probably sounded more like screaming than singing.

One thing I have learnt about karaoke in Japan. Don't do requests. People pick really hard rap or hip-hop songs like Eminem. How I managed it I'll never know.

I also met lots of very nice people in Osaka and Kyoto too.

Check out all the photos
here.



0 comments: